The latest blog from the Parish Council is below, and we welcome your feedback and comments. At the bottom of the page are all previous blogs published by the Council.
|Blog #4 » Faimly inclusive multi use games area planned for Quarry Park (21 May, 2014)|
In November 2013 the Council received the necessary planning permission to build a new car park and a multi-use games area at Quarry Park, off Forest Rise, Groby. The car park is now complete and the next phase to commence, subject to funding, is the construction of the new floodlit multi-use games area.
The Council's objectives are:
- To install a high quality 24/7 sports MUGA which caters for at least five sports that will appeal to a broad sector of the community, ie.all ages, both genders and all equality groups in or visiting Groby.
- To provide challenging and stimulating leisure opportunities
- To provide a framework of planned provision for youth
- To localise some of the clubs, which will allow them to increase their membership and training sessions all year round
- To provide neighbourhood/doorstep facilities, which can increase participation from disadvantaged groups and groups in our community who are less inclined to participate in physical activity.
- To encourage older residents to participate in organised exercise and sports activities
- To provide the opportunities for local people to volunteer to support activities and become accredited in coaching skills and develop other skills
- To address a wider social agenda of health, anti-social behaviour, crime, well-being, community cohesion, regeneration, environmental issues, social inclusion and Sport Development objectives.