Parish Council Information
Below are information sheets on the workings of a Parish Council (click to read):
- The Powers and Duties of the Parish Council
- The Role of the Parish Council
- The Role of a Parish Councillor
- The Role of Clerk to the Council
- The General Power of Competency - The Localism Act 2011
What do we do?
We are responsible for 64 acres of amenity land including Martinshaw Little Wood and the Mineral Line. We also provide and maintain a Cemetery on Ratby Road.
Other responsibilities include:
- Safety checks and minor repairs to playground equipment
- Removal of litter from parks and playgrounds
- Checking all planning applications and holding them at the Council Offices for the public to view
- Providing allotments and maintaining their walls, paths and hedges
- Liaising with Leicestershire County Council regarding road maintenance, road signs and lighting
- Various footpaths within the parish
Who are we?
- The Parish has Councillors elected by the residents every four years. For more information on your Councillors’ click here
When we meet
- For more details on the dates, times and venue of Council meetings, please click here.