News » Co-Option Parish Councillor Groby Ward
|Co-Option Parish Councillor Groby Ward 20 April, 2016|
There is currently a Vacancy on the Parish Council
If you are interested in becoming a Councillor please can you submit a short résumé stating:
· Why are you interested in becoming a Parish Councillor?
· Why and how do you want to serve the local community?
· Do you have any particular skills or interests? These could be as varied as knowledge of planning, highways, finance, insurance, administration, engineering, safety, community service e.g. voluntary work, youth work or environmental and wildlife matters.
· The Council is very concerned to have some fresh views - do you have thoughts on how you would like to see things in the Parish improved or done differently?
· Parish Council work can be personally very rewarding but largely low profile. The time commitment is not onerous overall, but the work can occupy quite a lot of time if a particular issue needs to be addressed. Are you able to give high priority to Parish Council work when necessary?
· The Council meets once a month for its main meeting at 7pm. Apart from sickness, attendance is expected at these meetings. Are you able to give this commitment?
If you have any questions please telephone
Parish Clerk, Benjamin Tassell on 0116 2876985
Who will be happy to speak to you or arrange a meeting with you if necessary.
Clerk to the Council, Groby Parish Council, Parish Council Offices, Village Hall,
Leicester Road, Groby, Leicester, LE6 0DQ
Closing date for applications is noon on Wednesday 27th April 2016
All applicants will be invited to attend an interview at a Co-option Meeting
on Wednesday 4th May 2016 commencing at 7.00pm
[+ go back...]