title="Groby Parish Council in Leicestershire">

Council Offices
Village Hall, Leicester Road
Leicester LE6 0DQ
0116 287 6985

A-Z of Services  »  Noise Pollution

Services provided in the local area by the Parish Council and other organisations are listed below. Click below to show all services filed under that letter.


«  Go back to previous page...

Noise Pollution

People who cause a nuisance are often unaware of the effect that their actions are having on their neighbours. Talking to the person or business responsible can often resolve the problem. It is understood that some complainants will find it difficult or impossible to speak to their neighbour for a variety of reasons. In these cases they should contact the council as an initial step.

If informal action fails you can take formal action to resolve the problem. The most common route for this is to complain to the council, which can be done in writing by addressing the letter to Council Offices, Argents Mead, Hinckley, Leicestershire, LE10 1BZ, by phoning 01455 238141 or by email to esadmin@hinckley-bosworth.gov.uk.

The council does not operate a full out of hours service and therefore is usually unable to respond to one-off complaints about parties etc. Recurring problems are dealt with as detailed below. For intruder alarms, and car alarms sounding during night time periods that cause widespread nuisance, please contact 01455 251137 and the service will try to assist in silencing the alarm.

The council has a duty to investigate all nuisance complaints. 



Page last updated: 21 August, 2013